Friday, October 1, 2010

A Creation for My Creator

"Poetry - any communication resembling in beauty or the evocation of feeling" (~WordWeb).  An art in my life.  Writing has been one of my interests since I was still a child.  I used to have journal of essays and poems with various instances occurring.  I even wrote a poem for my first dog who passed away!  Lately did I just realize that I've been writing about all the temporal things like reviews around the Metro, features for our school paper, well, the eminent disposition of love, so and so.

Below is the first poem I wrote inspired by A Being who has been continually changing my life for the better towards His glory =)






A Creation for My Creator

 There's something I feel inside of me,
   A great wonder beyond what the eyes can see.
Amidst the chaos in a crowded scene,
   Appeared an image of lightness so serene.

My heart hushed down to the beauty of it's rays,
   There within was a Man of such power and grace.
Near He came, reaching out for my hands,
   As I felt the warmth of His loving presence.

 I desired to draw near but something kept me,
   Obscurity behind like shadows of frailty.
Enchained, I was, with my mischief scars,
   With the bind of failures, I struggled for hours.

 I was led nowhere with my own might,
   Until a small voice whispered in delight.
"Be still, My child, I'll never forsake you,
   Surrender to the Highest, be free and renewed."


Before I knew it, my chains were gone,
For guidance from above has long begun.
My soul found rest in my God who spoke,
Fear was conquered and I was reborn.

Then and there, I felt love so real,
   An unconditional gift more than once revealed.
Now I choose to see, to believe, and follow Thee,
   To love You back as You've always love me.. :) 

 * * * 
To God be the Glory!

2 comments:

  1. you inspired me to write more poems for the Lord! May He continue to use you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mitzi! and u inspired me to start a blog haha! :)

    ReplyDelete