Thursday, October 7, 2010


"Peeve Factor"

It's 10:48pm and i'm lying down on my bed ready to rest for the day.  No matter how tired i am, something inside me kept whispering, urging me to write down my thoughts.  Well, here it goes.. Let me tell you about today.

My day started out fine.  Woke up 7am, morning routine, reached the office, mingled a bit, spent almost 8 hours with researches and analyses of work related stuffs.  Clock ticks 6pm, packed up, rode the train, got home, petty relaxations, night routine fast forward to now lying down on my bed typing these things on my qwerty phone. Sounds typical right? Not until you dig between the lines.

Have you ever encountered someone that annoys you? People who think independently without considering truly the whole perspective.  Have you perhaps encountered situations that bothers you?  Like walking along edsa and got irritated by the massive air pollution, or was witnessing how people open their water faucets as if they're doing laundry when in fact they're just washing their slim hands.  Does being in a crowded area bug you on how you can't walk straight towards your destination because people don't want to yield?  Or better yet, how traffic jam peeves you because of that!  Well, feel free to insert those between the lines.

On the other hand, it got me thinking on how it's really hard to go together in our tainted society.  We can't please everybody, and everybody can't please us.  It got me wishing on how my days would be if it would revolve around predictable situations (talk about a saccharine culture).  Imagine the comfort in that zone!  However, I know that's not the thought to be settled in.  We are all different in the way we see things, how we handle situations, how we perceive factors that affect our daily lives.  What we carry out would affect not only ourselves but also the people around us, whether a friend or a stranger.  Even to the slightest idea that we thought is meaningless, for the others it may mean a thousand things.

So what now, you may ask.  Well, there goes the challenge!  Everyday is a challenge to show who we truly are in this distinctive surroundings, a challenge to be assertive in the right way, to subside the overrated statements of life and live in a Godly standard.  A challenge to make a stand in this little planet of ours, wherever we go, carrying the best image that God has created us to be.  It might be hard, but then again, where's the challenge without hardship?  Where's the success without perseverance? And where's the testimonial of faith without making a stand?

11:20pm is the approximate time i finished typing my thoughts.  I was uncertain last night if i should be posting it or not.  Turns out i did.  And turns out i added few more thoughts to my composition last night hehe! 

*Signing off. .

No comments:

Post a Comment